CrazyStudentTeacher

Thursday, April 27, 2006

iknowthat.com

At InTech training, I am learning about many resources that will be helpful to me as a teacher. One of the websites that I was introduced to today was iknowthat.com. I think that this website would be a grea tool for me to use in my elementary classroom. I specifically looked at the math section and the language arts section.
I liked the math because it provided word problem exercises, but they were really fun because before the problems began, the viewer gets to watch a funny little movie. This is a GREAT hook to get kids interested and involved. I would specifically use this in the accomodations or adaptations of my lesson plans for remediation or enrichment or as a math center for students.
I also liked the phonics a lot. I could use the phonics tutorials in many ways. After introducing rimes or onsets to my students, I could do a whole group activity using the site if I had projector capabilities. It could also serve as remediation, enrichment, or as a center.
The material on this website could provide endless opportunities! I can't wait to surf it some more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home